Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cooking at Home Week Part Deux

Yesterday when I was mixing up the spicy/soy marinade for the salmon, I took the other piece of fish and marinated it in a mixture of miso and some chicken stock. The fish had been sitting in the marinade overnight in the fridge and it was ready to go. As I was looking through our pantry I discovered we had five different packages of Asian noodles, soba, udon, more soba, another kind with only a Japanese label, so I decided to use one of these in tonight's dinner.

A quick trip to Dan's (http://www.dansfreshproduce.com/) for some veggies and I was ready to start cooking. (Dan's is awesome, my favorite place to grab produce on the Island, great prices, nice people, good seasonal selection) I decided to make a veggie stir-fry with Soba noodles to go with the broiled salmon. I grabbed some carrots, celery, broccoli, bok choy and shitake mushrooms. I pulled out the wok, prepped the veggies and was ready to go. I parboiled the broccoli for a minute, but otherwise just through the veggies in the wok and stirred them around. I boiled the soba noodles and threw them in with the stir-fry. A quick sauce of soy, miso and some chili paste and dinner was ready. The fish I broiled like the night before.

On a side note, the leftovers are awesome for lunch the next day. Cold soba/veggie salad and some salmon, excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment